WINE SHOPPE & BAR
- Sat, Dec 09Winter HavenDec 09, 2023, 12:00 PM – 1:30 PMWinter Haven, 254 W Central Ave b, Winter Haven, FL 33880, USA
- Sun, Dec 31Obscure Wine CompanyDec 31, 2023, 8:00 PM – Jan 01, 2024, 12:00 AMObscure Wine Company, 276 W Central Ave, Winter Haven, FL 33880, USA
- Wed, Jan 17Adams EstateJan 17, 2024, 6:00 PM – 8:00 PMAdams Estate, 2222 W Pierce St, Lake Alfred, FL 33850, USA
- Sun, Jan 21Obscure Wine CompanyJan 21, 2024, 6:00 PMObscure Wine Company, 276 W Central Ave, Winter Haven, FL 33880, USAJan 21, 2024, 6:00 PMObscure Wine Company, 276 W Central Ave, Winter Haven, FL 33880, USAThe intermediate wine course will do a shallow dive into the viticultural practices of winemaking, climate conditions that influence the outcome of a wine, how you can distinguish wines beyond noble varieties, & what constitutes as a quality, balanced wine. Wine tasting flight is included.
- Sat, May 04Obscure Wine CompanyMay 04, 2024, 12:00 PMObscure Wine Company, 276 W Central Ave, Winter Haven, FL 33880, USA
Downtown Winter Haven's Premier Wine Shoppe & Bar
Owner & Sommelier, Wellie Bethea, brings her knowledge to Winter Haven with quality wines from around the world. To her, wines should have a soul of a place or a people so she focuses on producers & farmers who practice biodynamic, sustainable, organic, or la lutte raisonée, along with ethical business operations. Also, we support groups that have been traditionally marginalized by purchasing wine made by women & BIPOC. Telling their personal stories one glass (or bottle!) at a time. Whatever your budget, we are here to guide you to your new favorite wine to enjoy in house or at home.
“What does wine mean to you? For me, this living, breathing substance is a leap into another world. Whether this ever-changing juice takes me to the vineyard in which it was grown, to the cellar where it’s held & shared by the winemaker, or to the last time & place you enjoyed it. Wherever it transports you, it livens your soul & has you craving more. That’s why it is so important to me to carry wines that are hyper-focused on a sense of place. In my opinion the most natural wine in the world is not wine with no human intervention, but wine that is produced from grapes grown exactly where they are indigenous to. Let me take you on a journey deep into the obscure wine regions & varietals that you would normally shy away from because of their intimidating names & confusing wine labels. Ethically produced by real people, created to awaken your inner wanderlust.” -Wellie
Sip & Shop
SHOPPING FOR A CAUSE
Enjoy our quaint retail section, filled with the cutest wine brands! We carry items sourced from other women owned businesses & items made by survivors of human trafficking. A portion of each retail sale benefits a non-profit organization fighting human trafficking.
Join the club
& GET UPDATES ON SPECIAL EVENTS